Leota Wilkinson has lived in Putnam County for 43 years. She holds dual AS degrees from local St. John’s River State College in Business Management and Financial Management. She received a Bachelor of Science in Public Administration from Flagler College.
Leota served as the Senior Land Acquisition Agent at St. John’s River Water Management District and has been a successful realtor of 20 years. She also serves as District Aide to Representative Bobby Payne.
Leota and her husband, Eugene, have been married for 33 years. They own a small business, Eugene & Sons Auto repair, and share three sons and five granddaughters.
In addition to her professional experience, Leota has been dedicated to serving the community. She has served on numerous boards, including:
- Communities in Schools of Putnam County
- United Way of Putnam County
- American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 45 (President and Charter Member)
She is currently a member of:
- Palatka Sunrise Rotary Club (Secretary and Board of Directors)
- Audit Committee for the First Coast Community Credit Union
- Bread of Life Putnam County
- Feed the Need of Putnam
Leota’s dedication to her family and community and qualifications through education and experience have prepared her to serve on the Putnam County Commission with civility, decorum, and respect for all.